The Fried Bananas was first assembled in 2006, right here in Boston, under the guidance of co-leaders Shawn Hershey and Josh Fialkoff, who are both dancers themselves. Together they carefully crafted the Bananas’ sound, drawing inspiration from Jazz greats like Louis Armstrong, Sidney Bechet, and Dr. Michael White. Since then, this versatile band has evolved to incorporate other swing influences from New Orleans to New York City, from the ’20s to the ’40s. So whether you’re looking to swing out or boogie back, The Fried Bananas has your back, and your dancing shoes.
- Beginners welcome, no partner needed
- Location: KI, 384 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446
- Band: Shawn Hershey, Josh Fialkoff & The Fried Bananas
- Guest DJ: Dang Mai
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Time: 8:15pm-12:00am
- Lesson: 8:15-9:00pm
- Admission: $20 ($16 with Student ID)
- Parking: Town lots and street parking available. Some free after 6:00pm, others free after 8:00pm.
All levels are very welcome. A lesson is included to start off the night. Our venue, KI, is a beautiful, very large space conveniently located on Harvard Street, just a few blocks from Coolidge Corner in Brookline. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly!