Toni started her career as a Jazz singer when she was a young girl. Her Mom took her to clubs in Boston and she would get up and sing with the band. Eventually she added Blues and over the years she has been nominated for multiple W. C. Handy Awards, widely regarded as the highest honors for Blues artists in the U.S. We’re very fortunate here in Boston to have such a wonderful talent to keep our happy feet dancing all night.
Uptown Swing is held at KI, which is a beautiful venue conveniently located on Harvard Street near Coolidge Corner in Brookline. There’s AC, a fabulous large floor for dancing, plus nearby town lots and free street parking after 8:00pm. Beginners are very welcome and there is a lesson included at the beginning of the evening to get everyone started. You do not need to have a partner to attend. Bring your friends and introduce them to the joy of dancing!
- Beginners welcome, no partner needed
- Location: KI, 384 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446 (Entrance on Williams Street!)
- Band: Toni Lynn Washington Band
- Date: Saturday, October 19, 2013
- Time: 8:15pm-12:00am
- Swing Lesson: 8:15-9:00pm
- Admission: $15 ($10 with Student ID)
- Parking: Town lots and street parking available. Some free after 6:00pm, others free after 8:00pm.