Wow - Beantown this year! A wide range of levels and ages coming together for an awesome mix of Lindy Hoppers from 33 states and 8 countries. The energy on campus was full of happiness and joy and lots of Lindy Love. Frankie would be proud:-)
This was an emotion-filled time for us. Overriding everything has been losing my Dad in May. Preparing for Beantown sure kept us busy, but thoughts of my Dad have always been with me.
As for the week of Beantown - just incredible! Too much to mention, but it’s always fun to think of some highlights, so here’s a top ten in approximate order of occurrence:
- Chillin’ outside at the Saturday Happy Hour as the sun finally came out in full force.
- Gordon Webster followed by two nights of the Campus Five. It really doesn’t get any better.
- Dave Lasagna’s happy dance in the middle of the circle during the finale of Beantown Bounce, the instructors’ show.
- The surprise cake and ovation from everyone at the BBQ. It had been tough going for me up to that point and it really turned everything around. Thanks!
- Spending time with Norma Miller, talking about all the things she is doing and her future plans. Like Frankie, Norma really shows us how to live your life!
- Fun at the photo booth!
- #039;s Got Talent: Synchronized Swimming" src="/sites/default/files/resize/remote/a513359f8606180cffb915086d823bc3-200x150.jpg" align="right" border="0" height="150" width="200" /> Michael Jagger’s expressions as he listened to the judges’ commentary after the synchronized swimming skit at Beantown’s Got Talent.
- Late night Karaoke in the pub on Tuesday.
- The Wednesday night track performances and feeling overwhelmed with the looks of joy and accomplishment as another week of camp winds down.
- Catching up with old friends and getting to know some new ones:-)
Every year we find ourselves wondering how we can possibly top the last Beantown, but it has happened once again! It would not be possible without the help of so many. Our thanks go out to all the wonderful instructors, staff, bands, DJs and of course campers who all contributed to making Beantown an amazing week of dancing, classes, socializing, laughing and having an incredibly awesome time. Plus we must also thank Endicott College for providing such a beautiful venue and setting, feeding us excellent meals, and especially Patrick for going out of his way to help us make everything work. We feel so fortunate to have so many wonderful people in our lives.
Plans have already started for the next one. Beantown will run from June 28 to July 5, 2012. The format will be similar, although minds are already churning and ideas are formulating. Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for what is sure to be another amazing week of good times and good friends!
Just after camp is a great time for reflection and we are always looking for ways to make Beantown the best experience possible. We welcome feedback and appreciate hearing your thoughts and ideas. Thanks!
Aurelie & Tony
P.S. Thanks to Beth Diener, Tom Hagar, Rich Moffitt, Brad Kellogg, Bruno Avard, Renata Shraybman, John Russo and everyone else who has posted so many awesome pictures!