Come on out to Uptown Swing this Saturday, May 18 for a fun night of dancing with the Toni Lynn Washington Band! Toni is Boston’s own Queen of Swing and she knows how to keep our happy feet moving all night. The music will be excellent for Lindy Hop, Swing, Balboa and even some Blues.
This month we will be dedicating our Shim Sham to the worldwide King of Swing, Frankie Manning! Sadly we lost Frankie a few years ago. This month marks what would have been his 99th birthday. Be sure to join in as we honor this most wonderful man.
Uptown Swing is held at KI, which is our beautiful venue conveniently located on Harvard Street near Coolidge Corner in Brookline. There’s AC, a fabulous large floor for dancing, plus nearby town lots and free street parking after 8:00pm. Beginners are very welcome and there is a lesson included at the beginning of the evening to get everyone started. You do not need to have a partner to attend. Bring your friends and introduce them to the joy of dancing!
- Beginners welcome, no partner needed
- Location: KI, 384 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446 (Entrance on Williams Street!)
- Band: Toni Lynn Washington Band
- Date: Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Time: 8:15pm-12:00am
- Swing Lesson: 8:15-9:00pm
- Admission: $15 ($10 with Student ID)
- Parking: Town lots and street parking available. Some free after 6:00pm, others free after 8:00pm.
Uptown Swing Dance information.